µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

Urgent for enquiry about IP address matter

Urgent for enquiry about IP address matter

Dear Bro / Sister

I set up Wi Fi TP Link and installed an IP Cam.  Since I have a new born baby and so I installed the above IP Cam to monitor my domestic helper, I need to input my computer IP address to my mobile phone in order to view the image.  However, the broadband provider, Hutchison changed the IP address frequently.  The staff of Hutchison told me that I adopted PPPoE  broadband and so the IP address will change frequently.  So, I could not monitor through my mobile phone if Hutchison changed the IP address.  The staff  of Hutchison told me that I could either fix my IP address through some setting or using some software to affix my IP address and so I could use a fixed IP address to view my baby through the mobile phone.

Could any Bro teach me how I can set a fixed IP or introduce any software to fix my IP.  Thanks a lot.

Answer in short: use a dynamic DNS service to bind your floating IP to a network name.
What's the model of your WiFi router?
Now most of the WiFi router have builtin function to auto-update the dynamic DNS record whenever it connect to the ISP.

Bro Ah Ming,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I am a computer idiot   and my friend set up the router and camera for me.  I will let my friend know your kind advice   and see whether I can solve the problem.

Thanks again.

µo·s¸ÜÃD